Sunday, July 17, 2011

Me Time

     "Well, you're home all day!"  "I just want to relax when I get home from work."  "Just take them with you; how hard can it be?"  Sound familiar?  No?  Well, how about the tried and true: "You get to take a nap every day."

     How many times has your husband mistakenly said those few, fatal words?  -The nails on a chalkboard phrase that every wife dreads to hear.  It's not every day... it's not like he comes home and every sentence is a "what have you done all day" accusation.  But, it's the once a week, or possibly every other week remark that sends you running to the bathroom for a private "me-time."

     Sometimes I think the fellas just don't understand what all goes into this job.  The hours are unpredictable; the boss, I mean kids, are rarely reasonable; and the pay is less than desirable.  At least with an outside job you know what hours you're expected to work; your boss doesn't follow you around your office making sure you do everything they say; and if the salary doesn't cut it, you can go somewhere else.  But us, it's a 24 hour shift.  It's a constant battle juggling laundry, cleaning, disciplining, nap time, supper time, bath time, bed time, and last on the list: "me-time."

     So, I say ALL OF THAT, to get to today's topic... ME TIME.  How wonderful is "me time?"  I mean, sometimes when Mack gets home, I take me time just to sit in the bathroom and stare at the toilet paper roll.  SERIOUSLY!  How great is it to see a toilet paper roll being used for it's purpose?  -No telescope to see the  stars.  -No sword to hit your sister with.  -And definitely not confetti paper for the toddler learning how to use the potty.  Just toilet paper.  Imagine that!  Toilet... Paper.  Nothing more.  Nothing less.  Just a simple roll, in a simple bathroom, being used for a simple purpose.  I love me time.

     So, let's hear it!  What is YOUR favorite thing to do when it's "me time?"





2 comments:

  1. You crack me up!! I laugh out loud every time I read one of your posts! You have such a great way of writing and your sense of humor is so great!! My "me time"... locking myself in my room to fold laundry all by myself! Pathetic, huh?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I have to admit, laundry is my weak point! Sometimes I just push all the clean clothes to one side of the room and pick out what I need from the pile. I HATE folding clothes. Maybe I'll have to try your "me time" method.

    ReplyDelete